Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

speakers not working, help!

• Please log in to reply

deggitt

deggitt

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
hi, check this link to pics. of your sockets on the back of comp. are sockets 5/6/7 the ones you are using?

http://h10025.www1.h...p;lang=en#N1314

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thanks Deggitt as that is what I was looking for to assist.
The only one you should be plugged in to is the green one to sub woofer and then the other speakers plug into the sub from what I show on my 5.1 speakers. Is this the way you have it plugged in now Kaylee?

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
yeah i have them 3 but the pink 1 is for microphone and i have this random yellow 1 away from all the 3 of them. on my instructions it says to computer and it has 3 cables to plug into the computer and it says blue to ''rear out'' green to ''line out'' and yellow to ''c/bass'' but tomorrow ill just put the green in and the yellow and see.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
According to the picture the only one that supplies audio out is number 6 the green one.

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
OK well that's confusing because I have 3 wires needing to go somewhere on my pc, I dont know what to do ! I'm going away for the weekend and will be back on Tuesday so ill reply then !

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The others should plug into the base unit. If you could get a picture of the back of the system and the back of the base unit it would help us to identify the wiring.

deggitt

deggitt

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
hi, this is what you need.......

http://www.sweexdirect.co.uk/SWESDC059

deggitt

deggitt

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
hi, if you buy this SURROUND SOUND card you will have to unplug you comp., take of the side panel & install it into one of the PCI slots. you then run the install disk provided. there should be instructions provided. this isn't the only SURROUND SOUND card they supply. it depends on what your requirements are.

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
going away today but just to say I think that would work as I don't have enough holes for them to go into. so if I buy this it should work? my friend told me how I would fit it in so I could do this myself. thanks a lot to everyone that helped but if necessary next week ill take pictures to show my pc connections.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If you decide to purchase a new card then it should work with no problem. Most newer cards have connections for

Center
Left
Right
Base
Sometimes Front and Back

We will be here and await your pictures if you can get them. See you when you get back. :) :) :)

Advertisements

Kaylee Brown

Kaylee Brown

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
havent had money took out my bank after the order but this is an email they sent me, something went dodgy with the order so i didnt know if it had worked or not, what are they meaning by this email?

Hi

Thank you for your order # 212916

We have already placed your order with our
supplier and the same is delayed from our
supplier's end due to unavailability of item
and the ETA we have for it is 7-10 working
days

We apologize for the delay and inconvenience
caused to you

Please suggest how would you like to proceed
further

Thank you

Teamsweexdirect

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
All they are stating is that the order will be delayed due to not having it in stock.
They will have it in 7 to 10 business days.