Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

D Drive wont Recognize Any Disc (Installation) [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts
Firstly are you sure that you want it to autoplay? I prefer to do it manually for security reasons. But if you do...

Download this file and run it

Does this solve the problem?

Advertisements

polling

polling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Yes That Worked

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts
How's it working, nny other issues?

polling

polling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Auto Play Function is working

But PC is really slow

When I download pics the computer often stalls and freezes

I've even resorted to turning off the PC to try to speed it up

And the PC rarely logs off correctly

When I start a new session my browser never shuts down

It always ask me do I want to try to restore my last session or start a new one

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts
Your logs are now clean - you are clear or seem to be. Please advise me if you still have any problems. I think your speed issues are driver related. Your next step is to post a request in the Windows XP™, 2000, 2003, NT forum. Tell them you've been sent from the malware forum. When you've posted, let me know the link and I'll pass on information to the technician who responds.

We'll move on to the cleanup now. There's quite A bit to do here, just take your time

Updates
Before we begin the actual cleanup, I'll just say a few words on the importance of updates. From time to time, software vendors introduce updates for their products. Sometimes these are to enhance the product, but often they are to repair an exploitable vulnerability. You may like to consider installing Secunia PSI. This is a free application (for home users) that sits in the system tray and alerts you when security updates are available, and where from. Secunia PSI can be downloaded from HERE

Follow these steps to uninstall ComboFix and tools used in the removal of malware
  • Click START then RUN
  • Now type ComboFix /Uninstall in the run box and click OK. Note the space between the ComboFix and the /U, it needs to be there.
    Posted Image
OTL Cleanup
A good workman always cleans up after himself so..Run OTL and hit the cleanup button. It will remove all the programmes we have used plus itself.

Preventing re-infection
Now that your system is clear, there are a number of steps you can take to prevent re-infection

It is critical that you have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated.

Visit Microsoft's Windows Update Site Frequently - It is important that you visit http://www.windowsupdate.com regularly. This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer. If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site until there are no more critical updates.

Winpatrol will alert you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission. Help file and tutorial can be found Here
SpywareBlaster will add a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer settings that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs.
MVPS Hosts File - Blocks known bad sites by adding them to your Hosts file thereby preventing you from accessing them
TFC (Temp File Cleaner)- Cleans an enormous amount of junk held in temporary files and disposes of any malware lurking there.
Anti Spyware Program - We recommend MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware

Browsers
Consider using FIREFOX or OPERA, both are free to use and are more secure than IE. If you are using Firefox you can stay more secure by adding NoScript and WOT (Web Of Trust). NoScript stops Java scripts from starting on a web page unless you give permission for them, and WOT has a comprehensive list of ratings for different websites allowing you to easily see if a website that you are about to go to has a bad reputation; in fact it will warn you to check if you are sure that you want to continue to a bad website.

Make your Internet Explorer more secure - This can be done by following these simple instructions:
  • Run Internet Explorer
  • Click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
  • Click once on the Security tab
  • Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
  • Click once on the Custom Level button.
  • Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
  • Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
  • Change the Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
  • Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
  • Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
  • Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt
  • When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button
  • If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.
  • Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.

polling

polling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Ok Thanks :)

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts
You're welcome

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.