Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Toshiba Laptop Won't Turn On

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

My daughter has a Toshiba laptop that is a little over a year old. Since yesterday, it refuses to turn on. The battery is drained I think, but it won't recognize the battery charger when plugged in. There is a little orange light in front that is supposed to stay solid when the battery charger is plugged in and charging. When I turn on the laptop, the little orange light flashes and continues flashing even when the battery charging is plugged in. After about 20 seconds, the light shuts itself off. Once in a great while, if you play with it a bit, the light will switch to solid, but it will only last a minute or even less and then shut itself off. Not sure what the problem could be. We've tried it in different outlets and that happens in every one of them, so I know the problem isn't the outlet. Any suggestions? Thank you!

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Most likely the connection between the battery and the motherboard has come loose. Toshiba's are funny in that without a battery connection they will not run off the charger. One thing you might try( since this is probably a repair job for a shop)is to hold the connector where it plugs into the laptop and try holding it in different positions, causing a possible connection, to get the laptop running.If not, then take it to a repair shop to see if they can fix it.

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts
LaptopRepair101.com > DC power jack repair guide. Do-it-yourself instructions.