Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to properly access some internet sites

• Please log in to reply

nshankar

nshankar

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Starting just a few days ago, I have been unable to successfully get into certain sites and certain programs don't seem to be running in any browser that I attempt to use. I generally use Firefox, but I have attempted to use both Chrome and IE. When I attempt to log into my Yahoo Mail account, I receive the following message:

Ooops. Yahoo! Mail can't load

Loading Yahoo! Mail failed due to a client side Galaxy error

You might try going into your firewall settings, and disabling "Ad blocking". If that doesn't work, please contact customer care.

* Try clearing your browser cache
* Try clearing your browser cookies
* Taking too long? More info
* If you received an ActiveX warning, please enable ActiveX
* Check your email in Yahoo! Mail Classic
* Switch back to Yahoo! Mail Classic
by opting out of Yahoo! Mail
* Click here to try again

I am able to view my mailbox through the Classic view, but I am unable to see the contents of the email messages from there.

In addition to this, I am also unable to access Facebook. When I log in, I see the heading area at the top but every below is blank. I am also unable to log out, as I am taken to the account settings page every time that I attempt to click on the Account dropdown menu to log out.

I am also unable to run Flash through my browser windows. When an embedded Flash video appears on a page, I either receive a message saying that Flash is not installed (which it is) or the space where the video should play remains blank. When I have attempted to go to Flash's site to try and download the latest version (which I already have installed) I am unable to download anything. It looks like there is some process going on in my browser and then it stops without a download being initiated. The same downloading problem has occurred on other sites where I have attempted to download a program.

I would appreciate any help or direction with this that anyone can give me. I am at a complete loss about what happened or what is going on now. I have not updated anything during the time frame from when this issue began. I turned off my computer one night before I went to bed (which I usually don't do) and the next morning when I turned it on, this was going on.

Thanks a lot,

Navin

Advertisements

Buttons1

Buttons1

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
Hi nshankar and welcome to geekstogo.:)

Seems you could be infected. Please read here and follow the directions.

Edited by Buttons1, 07 May 2010 - 02:54 PM.

nshankar

nshankar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
removed logs

Edited by Rorschach112, 08 May 2010 - 05:21 AM.

Buttons1

Buttons1

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
We don't work on malware removal in this section. Please post here.

nshankar

nshankar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Is this malware that has caused these issues on my computer? I wasn't clear on that from the scans that I ran. I didn't see that they picked up any malware.

thanks.

Buttons1

Buttons1

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
More then likely. Usually malware cause these type of symptoms. Not every program can pick up everything. It's best to do scans with multiple different programs. Malware can also mutate(change slightly to evade detection). Ether it's that or a firewall issue.

Edit: It seems you have Limewire installed. P2P applications are the most common way of getting infected. I highly suggest you remove it. More then likely you are infected. Please follow my advice and get yourself checked out.

Also is this a company computer? It seems you have Office 2007 Enterprise Edition. If this is a company computer we cannot help you. This site is for home users. Please contact you IT department if this is the case.

Edited by Buttons1, 07 May 2010 - 11:51 PM.

nshankar

nshankar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
No, this isn't a company computer. It's my home computer.

Thanks for the info. I've removed Limewire. I don't really use it these days anyway. I'll move this post to the correct forum.

Buttons1

Buttons1

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
No problem.:)

Edited by Buttons1, 08 May 2010 - 12:23 PM.