Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop Display Properties shows every photo in My Pictures

• Please log in to reply

tcreek

tcreek

• Pip
  • 4 posts
These 1,000 plus photos just recently showed up in the selection box for desktop wallpaper. The only way I have figured out how to remove them is by placing all my photos in a folder other than "My Pictures". Is there another solution? Obviously something just recently happened to cause them to end up in the Desktop Display Properties. I have read that this condition is an XP glitch that can suddenly occur.

Advertisements

Tpneer2

Tpneer2

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
this is NOT a glitch its caused by you selecting that particular folder for a wallpaper image
to change it either make up a different folder from the pix or just change the directory by using the browse button and then they wont show up ,you can make this default to any folder on the machine

tcreek

tcreek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have been using various photos from the "My Pictures" folder for desktop wallpaper for many years. Only the photo I was using would show in the listing for the desktop display. Now, all the photos in the "My Pictures" folder, thousands and all of a sudden, have shown up in Desktop Properties. As I search the forums I find that many others have reported this same problem and have come across no solution. Other than to put the photos into a folder other than "My Pictures".

tcreek

tcreek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
My problem, to be more clear. How to remove the photos from Desktop Properties, other than creating a different folder for "My Pictures".