Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

all folders and start menu gone

• Please log in to reply

squashfishes

squashfishes

• Pip
  • 2 posts
all my folders and the start bar have gone from my desktop managed to drag some back on to it from the left side off the screen, still no start menu though,when i make a new folder it shows up and it shows in the side navigation window that everything on the desktop should be there, and when i open fire fox it opens in a window off the screen...any help would be much appreciated.

Advertisements

squashfishes

squashfishes

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
<lomex327> helped me in the chat room.. thought id put the answer in just in case ne 1 else has the same problem, the problem was that my computer had been set to try and display 2 monitors, and i only have 1 lol :)...
the solution right click on desktop.
go to "screen resolution"
find "multiple displays" drop down menu
change to "show desktop only on 1"
that fixed it, but all the folders i managed to drag on to my screen as b4 mentioned were now gone!!1 "lomex327" suggested pressin the windows key+p and clicking the "computer only" box wich bought it all back to normal :) thanks for the awesome site and all the help guys much apreciated. peace.

LoMaX327

LoMaX327

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
Woot, glad you got it fixed!!