Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hung Up On HP Logo (WTH!) *UPDATE

• Please log in to reply

HPLOVER_84

HPLOVER_84

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[b]UPDATE* OKAY SOOOO I DECIDED TO TAKE MYSELF TO MY LOCAL BEST BUY AND TOOK MY LAPTOP ALONG JUST IN CASE THEY ASKED TO SEE IT.SO A SALE ASSOCIATE ASK COULD HE HELP ME I EXPLAINED MY PROBLEM AND HE TOLD ME TO GO UP FRONT AND SEE THIS GENTLEMEN THAT WORKS FOR GEEK SQUAD,SO I DO AND I TELL HIM,HE ASKED IF I HAD MY LAPTOP WITH ME WHICH I DID, I RAN OUT TO MY CAR GRABBED AND BACK IN I WENT. WOULDN'T YOU KNOW THE THING LOADED JUST FINE,LIKE NOTHING EVER FREAKING HAPPENED !!!!! I WAS IN COMPLETE SHOCK JUST BECAUSE RIGHT BEFORE I WALKED OUT MY HOUSE I DECIDED TO TRY IT ONE LAST TIME JUST TO MAKE SURE I WASN'T MAKING A TRIP OUT FOR NOTHING AND I GOT THE SAME THING, HP LOGO AND STAYED THERE. I HAND IT OVER TO THIS GUY AND [bleep] THING WORKS AND HE DIDN'T EVEN DO ANYTHING.JUST TURNED IT ON SO SEE WHAT HE GOT. HE WAS PRETTY FLOORED AND NOT SURE WHAT TO SAY BECAUSE HE HADN'T DONE A SINGLE THING. BOY GOTTA LOVE GADGETS AND HOW THEY HAVE A MIND OF THERE OWN.GUESS AS HE PUT IT " HE HAD THE MAGIC TOUCH" :)

OKAY SO I AWOKE THIS MORNING AND TO MY UTTER SHOCK AND DISAPPOINTMENT MY LAPTOP HAD DECIDED TO STOP WORKING.
A FEW THINGS REAL QUICK ABOUT MY LAPTOP:IT WAS PURCHASED DEC 09 FROM SAMS CLUB, A HP dv6 series,it's windows 7. I haven't dropped it or anything that would cause problems. I went to take it outta standby but found it had loaded some updates overnight,i started it up,it started going through the start up,gets to the black screen with the HP Logo and just stops there.won't go any further,this same issue happened a couple wks with my hubbies laptop,only his was brought back 07 and totally different brand ( toshiba running off Vista),his went through some updates,restarted and got to the black screen with the logo and just wouldn't go any further. my bro was using it at the time and told me what it was doing, i fiddled with it and still nothing sooo i shut it down and left it alone,that is till Thurs (5/6/10)and i decided to check and see if it was still acting up.It worked just fine !!!! Like nothing had ever happened, in fact that's what i'm using right now since my hp is down & out :: praying nothing major is wrong, i don't have the money to buy a new one and i haven't even had this hp that long

Attached Thumbnails

• SDC11500.JPG

Edited by HPLOVER_84, 08 May 2010 - 09:06 PM.

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
If you bought it in December 09, call HP and have them fix it. They offer a 1 year warranty.