Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ctrl+B isn't working right in my browsers anymore

• Please log in to reply

Libid21

Libid21

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
As most of you may know, when you're typing in some forums and you want to bold your text, you can just hit Ctrl+B as a shortcut on your keyboard. I used to do this all the time, but now it's not working. I first started with Google Chrome, and I thought it was the browser but then I switched to Firefox and it still doesn't work! What it does is it pops up the bookmark manager (for Firefox) or the bookmarks toolbar (for Chrome)

When I hit Alt+Ctrl+B, as someone suggested to me before, it just puts the BB codes but doesn't automatically do it for me. I don't know how to explain it further but if you guys get this please help cause this is annoying me lol. Thanks.

Advertisements

Libid21

Libid21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
EDIT - Nevermind! It is just not working for Chrome. I think it's working on Firefox now, but I still prefer Chrome over FF so if anyone can help me with that I'd greatly appreciate it! (Please move this thread)

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
In Google Chrome Ctrl+B toggles the bookmarks bar on and off and Ctrl+Shift+B opens the Bookmark manager.

Keyboard and mouse shortcuts : Getting started - Google Chrome Help
http://www.google.co...mp;answer=95743

Libid21

Libid21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Yes, is there a way to turn that off?

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Yes, is there a way to turn that off?

AFAIK, no. It's designed that way, (built into the program).