Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mouse and keyboard

• Please log in to reply

Gary Winkle

Gary Winkle

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an hp desktop computer and the mouse nor keyboard worked. I was told to trash them and buy new mouse and keyboard. I did and still nothing. Then I purchased a mouse and keyboard that have usb cords and still nothing. HELP! I need my computer for school and business and do not want to spend the money on a new one.

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Try pressing the Num Lock key on your keyboard a few times as it boots. Does the light go on and off? If you use a USB keyboard from a PS2, you need to wait about 30 seconds for Windows to detect it but you will be able to toggle the num lock key and get into the BIOS on booting by pressing the delete key.

Summer6

Summer6

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi, maybe you can visit the link below to download and install correct drivers which work with Windows 7 for your mouse and keyboard.
www.microsoft.com/hardware/windows7/support.mspx
Just have a try and see whether it helps.