Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Banker.A removal [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
OK, when in that case your logs are clean.

Now that your system appears to be clean, I'll give you some instructions to remove the tools we have used and I'll offer some advice to help prevent future infection.

STEP 1 - Clear Restore Points

Run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

:Commands
    [CLEARALLRESTOREPOINTS]
  • Then click the Run Fix button at the top.
STEP 2 - Uninstall ComboFix
  • Rename the Combo-Fix file on your desktop to Uninstall.
  • Double click on Uninstall to uninstall the program.
STEP 3 - Remove Tools

Run OTL
  • Click Clean Up in the upper right corner.
  • This will remove most if not all the tools we used while we were fixing your computer. Feel free to delete any others it leaves behind.
Now that you have a clean system, I would like to share with you some advice to help reduce the risk of future infection.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I recommend that you install both of the following free programs if you haven''t already, as they can greatly increase the security of your system. It is not essential that you have these programs installed, but they do a very good job at preventing infection if your system is scanned regularly.+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A good firewall is also useful for keeping a system infection free. You should only have ONE firewall installed on your computer - having more than one will not increase the security of your system. Here is a small list of some free firewalls if you don't already have one installed:An antivirus program is also a program that should be installed on all computers. These will help reduce the risk that your computer gets infected by viruses or trojans in the future. Keep in mind that you only need ONE antivirus program installed on your computer. If you have more than one installed, they can often conflict and leave your system unprotected. Here are a few free antivirus programs if you don't have one installed:Having up to date Antivirus and Firewall software is vital to keeping a healthy, infection free system

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I also suggest you take a look at Preventing Malware and Safe Computing, a guide by Rorschach112 which contains more great information about protecting your system.

To find out more information on how your system got infected, or how to protect yourself on the internet in the future, this article by Tony Klein provides some great information.

Good luck and safe surfing!

-mpascal

Advertisements

Lilbear1980

Lilbear1980

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thank you so much for all your help!

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.