Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how do i give a remote computer access to the local machine's mic

• Please log in to reply

mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
i have a computer configured for remote desktop connections. the computer also has dragon naturally speaking on it. the problem is i dont know how to take the microphone input from the computer i am working at and send it to the remote machine. there is no visible option for send local sound to remote machine. does anyone know how this can be done

Advertisements

Tpneer2

Tpneer2

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
no guarantee this will work but it should go grab the free version of this program

http://www.teamviewer.com/index.aspx
set it up on both machines and then leave it onthe remote mahcien to run at startup then once logged in you should be able to use the mic on yours to control the other amhcine

mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
i can look into that software what i was actually looking for is somthing like a plugin or registry hack for the native remote desktop client also known as mstsc.exe. i was hoping to avoid installing any additional software. it is good to know that this exists but native support is preferable

Edited by mikeloeven, 09 May 2010 - 06:52 PM.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
You can share sound via terminal services. It is under the Local Resources tab.

mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

You can share sound via terminal services. It is under the Local Resources tab.

i know this but will it send microphone input from the local machine to the remote computer. i havent gotten my bluetooth headset to work over remote desktop yet

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Im not sure if BT is supported or not.

mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
yeah to be honest this is kind of a tricky situation because the remote computer is windows xp and the remote desktop client is running on a old ibook g4 mac. so i am thinking at this point the client software i am using maby just doesent support it because of the hardware differences between the two machines

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
What versions of RDP are you using? I would probably just try Teamviewer to be honest, since its cross platform.