Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WLM keeps freezing

• Please log in to reply

Mac_Quazi

Mac_Quazi

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi,

Recently I've had a problem with WLM, where it keeps freezing when I click on any of the shortcuts, for example the emoticons or the quick way to change display pictures. It hangs for a minute where WLM doesnt respond and then it comes back.

So far I've done a virus scan/malware scan and found nothing. uninstalled and re-installed it, ran a free registry cleaner, deleted the MSN messenger folder from the appdata folder, still no change.

Is there anything else I can try? I dont really want to run a Defrag as my disk is 500GB and it'll take all night. Plus all my other programs and apps have no problem at all, so I don't think running defrag will make any difference. I could be wrong.

I'm running Windows 7.

Please can anyone help?

Thanks

Mac

Edited by Mac_Quazi, 09 May 2010 - 10:41 AM.

Advertisements

Mac_Quazi

Mac_Quazi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
No suggestions?? :)