Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Backdoor.tidserv!inf

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Jpj65

Jpj65

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hello G2G forums,

I have been having a heck of a time removing a pesky version of a "Backdoor.Tidserv!inf" virus. Thus far the virus has not caused any significant problems but I would like to eliminate it before it does, I have tried a scan with my antivirus software which is upto date but the removal is only 'partial'.

I have read the G2G posts on the same strain of virus and have taken some of the steps which hopefully was the right action.

Namely I ran a ComboFix scan followed by a OTS scan but still have the virus on my system.

I have the logs here, hopefully it is a good starting point. Combo Fix results and OLS Results attached as files

I also tried to run a TDS killer but couldn't really get the program to run, at least I think so as no dialogue box opened or anything that would indicates that it is running. Perhaps it is in the background and I don't know it?

Anyway help on the next suggested step would be greatly appreciated as I would like to get this bugger off my system. I should also mention that my PC is a netbook and only has about 1G of processing power so running programmes such as GMER have proven unsuccessful as it takes literally half a day and before all files are scanned my PC goes into hiberation.

Thanks,
JJ

Advertisements