Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

i have bought a hp dvd1170

• Please log in to reply

GoldenDogNuts

GoldenDogNuts

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
i have bought a hp dvd1170 and i cant for the life of me get it to burn dvds i have done everything i can think of dvd
flick star burn nothing works :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
What program are you using to burn DVDs with?

GoldenDogNuts

GoldenDogNuts

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
dvd flick,is the program.Also when i try to burn cds in windows media player it says,connect a burner and restart the player.When i have burned cds before with this computer i think a file is missing or something this was my computer before i just bought it back because mine was stolen

GoldenDogNuts

GoldenDogNuts

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
also i am no longer running vista i now run xp pro sp3 and i already checked my processes and imapi.exe is running and i went to computer right clicked and manage service and application clicked services and made sure impapi.exe was running and changed it from manual to automatic startup i am baffeled as i have used this computer to burn dvds before also had no problems in the past using wmp to burn cds any help would be appreciated i do have my windows xp pro sp3 cd if you think i need a file from it this is all i know about the situation many thanks if you can help if not i appreciate your time :)

Mikeme

Mikeme

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Disregard this being a Gateway link, the problem solving will work with any computer running XP(software wise). If it`s your hardware, a new burner will be required. You might start with #5 as it seems to be a common place problem, if that does not fix the problem, work your way down the list. Also you may consider trying different burning software, and there are several good ones out there that are free (google). The link is found here: http://support.gatew...006110917.shtml

Edited by Mikeme, 11 May 2010 - 07:10 PM.

GoldenDogNuts

GoldenDogNuts

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Make sure recording function is enabled

Click Start, then click My Computer.

Right-click the optical drive icon, then click Properties.

Click Recording tab.
View Picture

Make sure the checkbox Enable CD recording on this drive is selected.

Click OK. this is not an option for either my built in cd burner e: drive or the external dvd drive F: and im sure its not my hardware the external drive works on another computer my dads no problems this is just trouble shooting trust me ive been up and down that list twice to no avail since the enable recording tab is missing i asssume im miising a file of some sort