Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Post-Build Help

• Please log in to reply

hitmanct13

hitmanct13

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey guys. I'm trying to build my first computer and have read and watched all there is to putting the components together. I am confused about what to do after that. I know you have to install the OS by going into the BIOS and changing it to read the CD/DVD drive first. But after that do i need to install the motherboard drivers and how do i do that. If someone could give a complete walk-thru for a beginner about what to do post build, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Hi and welcome,

This site is from one of our members, should help you just nicely:

http://howtocleaninstall.com/

Regards

Troy

hitmanct13

hitmanct13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
helpful but did not fully explain my question. do i need to install drivers for the Mobo after windows? Some sites say you install windows and your done, some say you need to do more.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
It will depend, often times during installation of Windows it will install generic working drivers for some or all parts of hardware. You will be able to tell what has not installed by checking out the Device Manager.

If not everything is installed and working properly then you can pop the motherboard drivers disc in and finish off the setup. It wouldn't hurt just to pop the disc in anyway.

Is that explained a bit better for you?

Troy

hitmanct13

hitmanct13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yes, that explains everything. thanks alot!

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
:)

Let us know how everything goes.