Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to print, vista 0x000000d

• Please log in to reply

444fod

444fod

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

This is my first posting and I hope someone out there can help.

I am running Vista on an HP Pavillion laptop with AVG free anti-virus, I'm not sure if I've picked up a virus or something but I can no longer print any type of document. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing my printer, adding different printers, I have checked to make sure printer is online and set as default printer but nothing seems to work. it may be a coincidence, but if I click on control panel from the desktop an empty window opens temporarily then dissappears. If I roll the mouse over control panel from the start menu it says " (empty) ". I used to be able to print using various printers so I think the problem is either something I've done since the initial setup or malware. I am connecting to printers via USB and have tried using different ports.

This message appeared when trying to print a test page on a newly installed printer:
" Operation could not be completed (error 0x0000000d) "

Thanks for your help guys

Fod

Advertisements