Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

spyware soft stop

• Please log in to reply

micahlallen

micahlallen

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Upon start up of computer i am receiving notification that my computer is infected. Anytime i run any application my computer give me these notices and application wont run.

Please help. Where to start?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Advertisements

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts
Hello micahlallen,

Welcome to Geekstogo.

See if you can download these to your infected computer. If not then download through your clean one and transfer and then follow the instructions.

Please download OTH.scr to your desktop

Note: If you are using Firefox right-click and use "Save link As". Otherwise, on some systems, FF attempts to open the file as a script and you will just see a bunch of gibberish.

Please download OTL to your Desktop
Please download the attached Scan.txt to your destop

Double click the OTH file and select Kill All Processes, your desktop will go blank
Posted Image
Then select Start OTL
OTL will now run

• double-click on the Custom Scans box and a message box will popup asking if you want to load a custom scan from a file
    Select Scan.txt that you downloaded
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Copy and paste the contents back here.