Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uninstalling video card driver

• Please log in to reply

Tmoney

Tmoney

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
is there a program that gets rid of all video drivers , so i can install new ones. If so please list them

thanks

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
I'm not absolutely clear on what it is you're trying to do.
If you just wish to uninstall your current video card & driver, then install a new one, all you normally need to do is :
From control panel->display->advanced change the video adapter to the generic Standard graphics PCI (VGA) driver.
Then uninstall any software that came as part of the video card driver (eg for matrox cards, this will be maxtrox powerdesk etc)
Reboot in safe mode. Go into device manager & look under display adapters. If your old card shows up in there (this will only appear normally in safe mode), then delete it from the list.
Then shutdown the system & remove the video card & insert the new one.
Install new drivers on reboot

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hey Samm he may be talking about drivercleaner sometimes necassery when switching from nvida to ati and vice versa.

Rick

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi Doby

Yeah I realised that but I wanted to be sure of exactly what was meant!

Tmoney

Tmoney

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
sry, yes i did mean a driver cleaner....because im going from radeon to geforce....sry for taking FOREVER to reply...thanks anywayz