Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

USB device not recognized on XP

• Please log in to reply

bcchc

bcchc

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok. People asked about this before and I went through all the threads and what seemed to help others didn't work for me.

On my desktop, XP all the USB ports [front and back] stopped recognizing any devices, apart from my external hard drive. This happened once a year ago but reboot fixed tit. happened again in march but I read somewhere that if you disconnect your machine from power [fancy explanation] will fix it. So I did and went on holiday for 2 weeks . When I came back it worked! Until now. I was moving furniture in my room the other day and had to disconnect everything from the computer and when i tried to reassemble the pieces I got the error again. The last time it happened it was my ipod and it was working fine when I disconnected it. Tried to plug it back in 5 min later and it wouldn't be recognized. Then the problem seemed to affect only the devices that charge through the computer. Now it is the printer as well. I can't remember but I might have not 'safely removed' the thing just janked it out. Is it possible that my computer is mad at me for doing that? :) I swear sometimes it seems like it's alive.

So anyway, thanks for your time and hope you can figure that out somehow

Advertisements