Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

upgrading vista to windows 7

• Please log in to reply

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
...if I don't like win 7? and if so how hard is it to do so? I read in another post here at G2G that you can do a Dual vista to XP if the vista was installed first, is this possible for win 7 if so does anyone know where/how I can do this? The reason I ask is Toshiba has an upgrade for Win 7 and thought I might give it a try.

Regards
BT

Edited by bigtrucks, 10 May 2010 - 01:19 PM.

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
No you cannot downgrade from 7 to Vista, same way you can't downgrade Vista to XP.

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
If you re-read the topic you'll find that I am wanting to UPGRADING from Vista to Windows 7, not the other way around. Thanks for you reply anyway. :)

BT

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
It seems you edited your question...

So what exactly is your question then? Judging by the topic it says "upgrading vista to windows 7, can it be reversed....." based on that I gave my response.

I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade though, I highly doubt you will want to go back to Vista once you install 7.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I agree go to Win 7 it is much more faster and secure then Vista.
With the upgrade you talk about in your first post you would not be able to setup a dual boot situation as each OS would be a separate partition then. Since a upgrade cannot be loaded on its own without a already existing OS installed installed on the same partition it would be impossible to do.