Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows 7 64 bit, No sound, Reltech HD drivers installed

• Please log in to reply

no_place__like_192.68.0.0

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi My system specs are as follows

MOTHERBOARD : MSI P45 PLATINUM (LGA775)
CPU : Intel Q9505 Quad Core 2.83 GHZ, 6Mb cache FSB 1333 MHZ
RAM : DDR2 6GB 2x1GB OCZ and 2x4GB Generic
Graphics Card : Radeon HD 5750 1GB DDR5 running dual monitors
Bios : MSI VER 1.60

Issue :

I have recently upgarded from windows 7 32 bit to windows 7 64 bit and i have lost my audio, i have checked all connections and are in the correct positions and seated correctly, have checked the speakes work and are connected properly, I have been onto the Msi website and ran live update and am quite sure it does not support the 64 bit edition so instead i downloaded and installed the drivers individually i have also checked the bios is the most current version and when i look on th control pane l i can see the ati hd audio icon in the volume control,i beleive it is a driver problem, but, am not sure if it is the audio driver or the driver that controls the front panel?????

any help would be welcomed as i have taken the workstation apart so many times now it is just becoming tedious

thank you for taking the time to read this problem and ANY ideas would be appreciated

Advertisements

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi All believe it or not but i hav e already sorted my problem, i was rechecking everything from scratch and i saw that the bios and not been successfully upgraded and once i really upgraded the bios to version 1.60, the audio sound came back and

Problem Solved