Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dell Dimension 5150 Troubleshoot!

• Please log in to reply

Xtreme930

Xtreme930

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Few days ago... I reformatted the desktop pc, Dell Dimension 5150, and I went to the microsoft website for the drivers on another computer but as i transferred the file from that computer to my desktop and download it... it said either "your computer doesnt have the minimum requirement" or "your computer's OS needs to be 98 or lower". What is happening??? Is microsoft website outdated??? Because few years back when i did this... it works...

Im using Windows XP... so can someone help me get all the drivers because i cant do anything on it... no sound, no internet, nothing...

Thanks...
Xtreme

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Microsoft Update requires that you use the target PC since that's the only way it can determine which updates are relevant for your system.

In any event, you should be getting drivers from the Dell website, not Microsoft.

The driver page for the Dimension 5150 is here:

http://support.dell..../...tid=&impid=

Xtreme930

Xtreme930

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
sorry... it was dell i wasn't using microsoft but i went to the website already and downloaded some of the drivers (I downloaded all but some were not install because it was too big of a file or not compatible with my desktop). I am done with the audio, video, and now i need the internet, Wireless... so if i can get help then thanks!!!