Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Antispyware Soft 2010

• Please log in to reply

Ahnkara

Ahnkara

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Alright I admit i'm not the smartest when it comes to these things... I was looking for a Knights And Merchants PC Game torrent file and got landed With A Virus called Antispyware soft 2010, i'm currently in safe mode with networking because the virus has stopped me from using All .Exe files in normal mode i've scanned with Malwarebytes in safe mode and it still is undetected, i also have Ad aware, and spyware doctor even if it does nearly nothing Seems to block the virus from the internet but i want the friggin thing gone i was following rkinner's advice on the removal of this blasted program until i got to Rgedit found my way all the way to current version i was on the last step when i had found out there was no System folder where there needed to be i went to startup however and deleted Antisoftware soft 2010 from the list but i'm not sure if that would fix the problem... any ideas ?

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP
Still not sure what advice of mine you were following. Please copy and paste any logs you may have from MBAM or HJT or what ever.

Start, Run, msconfig, OK

Under Startup, uncheck everything. Under Services, first check Hide Microsoft Services then Uncheck everything.

Apply OK and Reboot.

Cancel out the msconfig when it comes up. If you can download OTL and run it please do so and copy and paste the logs it makes into a Reply. IF not go back into Safe Mode with networking and try it from there.

Ron

Edited by RKinner, 10 May 2010 - 11:21 PM.

Ahnkara

Ahnkara

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thank you so much it worked :) :) :) OMG THANK YOOOOOU!!!!!!!!!!X]