Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Large cleanup

• Please log in to reply

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
those 2 accounts you show don't appear to be admin accounts...
those other pics might as well be hieroglyphics to me... :)

Edited by happyrock, 11 May 2010 - 04:10 PM.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go here an get spacemonger..its free for 30 days...run it and make the picture larger then get a screenshot...

Edited by happyrock, 11 May 2010 - 04:41 PM.

masterb7

masterb7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Kk. The first pic says "beheerder" which means owner in english, so that should be the admin right? :)

Kk, I will use the program to make it bigger in a bit. I'll do just 1 and 4 for now, since 2 is only for showing the basic screen and 3 the "reagert niet" (no response) prompt.

EDIT: please ignore what i said above, I mistunderstood :)

Edited by masterb7, 12 May 2010 - 07:50 AM.

masterb7

masterb7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Also, how come u cannot properly read it? I open it, click on the image and its clearly readable. I can give you a translation if you like.

masterb7

masterb7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Well, look at that. Turns out the acc names sharitjeeuh was actually still in the pc, just no longer accessable. I went ahead and allready started deleting everything off her through documents and settings. Would u like me to take another piccie after it is done?

Estimated time for deleting all her files: 20 minutes 0.o

Attached Thumbnails

• 5.GIF

masterb7

masterb7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
hah, look at that, im done deleting and suddenly the pc uses oly 12.4 GB. Still, I appreciate the help trying to clean out the rest :)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

I can give you a translation if you like.

thats what I need...

also set the system restore to about 5% of the hard drive space...
Go to Start...Control Panel...Double click the System icon...Click the System Restore tab...If you have a single partition, click the Settings button and reduce the disk space allocation by sliding the bar to the left. If you have multiple partitions, select the partition and then click the Settings button. Again, sliding the bar to the left reduces the disk allocation..When finished... click OK
the larger the hard drive size the less space you should use

you can free up more space by deleting all the $NtUninstall folders
Note that once the $NtUninstall backup folders have been removed, it will not be possible to uninstall that Windows update...it is recommended that you only remove uninstall folders relating to updates that have been present for some time, when you can be sure that they are causing no problems...
if that scares you...copy them to a CD/DVD and then you can always put them back if needed.
they are located in the C: windows folder...you will need to turn off restore to clear out all the old restore points after you do this then turn it back on and create a restore point manually

Edited by happyrock, 12 May 2010 - 11:53 AM.

masterb7

masterb7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
I'm sorry, but circumstances wont have it that I am going to be able to access the computer till next monday :) However, here is a translation, in the meanwhile, off the 4th post:

exiting program: mshta.exe

this program is not responding

Press cancel if u wish to return to windows and check the status off the program.

Press exit now if you wish to end the program immediately. If you end the program now, all non-saved progress will be lost.

There might be some typos in there, but thats basically it... I will still be able to check on geekstogo from time time to time, so if there's something else I can help you with untill I can access the comp again on monday, I'd be glad too.
Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for the help.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
are the 2 users shown in the screenshot administrator accounts

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
as a note, it can take windows up to 10 minutes to delete a user account using this method if the account in question is really large (i once had to delete an account that was over 10 gigs, the computer went unresponsive for at least 15 minutes) or if the account itself is corrupted.

Advertisements

masterb7

masterb7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

are the 2 users shown in the screenshot administrator accounts

Yes, they are.

as a note, it can take windows up to 10 minutes to delete a user account using this method if the account in question is really large (i once had to delete an account that was over 10 gigs, the computer went unresponsive for at least 15 minutes) or if the account itself is corrupted.
---
That is probally what the case is then.

masterb7

masterb7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Ugh, so much deleted so far, but still, increase in speed seem to be minimal... I think it is best we leave it as it is, since I doubt we will be able to get it run fast enough to meet todays standars. Everyone, thank you very much off all the help :)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your welcome... :)