Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Converting form to Switchboard in Access 2007

• Please log in to reply

tiroshii

tiroshii

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Is it possible to turn a form I have already made into a Switchboard or do I need to start from scratch? Can't find anything on this on tinterwebs :)

Advertisements

dm27

dm27

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Hello again tiroshii,

Yes, you can set any form to display when the database is opened. The Switchboard is a "form" object, and is limited to 8 buttons on it, so if you want to give the user more than 8 options, creating your own "Switchboard" is a good option.

If you have a form you want the user to see upon opening the file you will need to find a path similar to Options window (probably in the Office Orb) > Current Database > Application Options > then find an item similar to Display Form (should be a drop down box), then select your form and then close and reopen your database (the selected Form should now be open).

You may want to set that Forms properties to remove the scroll bars and/or record navigation buttons if don't want them visible on that Intro Form.

I'm sure you can also use code to do this as well, but if you just want to have one form open at launch, this is the quickest method.

Hope this helps,

dm

tiroshii

tiroshii

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Thanks for your help, this will do nicely.