Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Advice for a $900 system?

• Please log in to reply

DarkMystic122

DarkMystic122

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Ok so I am building up a budget around $900 might have a $100 to $300 cushion. I need advice about this soon, I cant tell what will be the better option for a processor for a laptop AMD or Intel. I need 2 laptop systems for a project I am working on as well as being my personal laptop. The other laptop is for my fiance who is working with me on the same project. What we do is work in creating flash games for an upcoming gaming company. On top of that we would like to get into 3D modeling and creation. I am looking to find a decent speed processor mainly a Dual Core processor with 64bit processing if need to be. Windows 7, and at least a 2.0 MP webcam. Also looking for a Dedicated graphics card as well and DVD Burner with DVD+RW DL capabilities and a VGA HDMI outputs and wireless standards of b/g/n . I know this is asking a lot but I have been so busy between work and home and my home laptop is starting to show its age and my time is coming near when my project is due and I figured the more advice/recommendations I can get helps. Also when I do have spare time I plan on creating DVD videos from my camera and convert them to dvd as well and I know it takes a lot of processing power which is why I have trouble deciding which will be better for processing power. Thank you in advanced to anyone that can help.

Advertisements