Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems beyond problems

• Please log in to reply

anthony1989

anthony1989

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey,
I am usually able to fix my computer and require no help, but the past couple of days I have become so lost. Here's the problem "PF Usage" is way to high going up to 632 mp near the full usage. The CPU Usage is fine and low at 1%-10%. Next the "just in time debugging microsoft script editor" keeps popping regards what I do. I did go to internet explorer and do the disable the debugger thing on there but that didn't work for anything. Next for some odd reason I can not update anything (such as anti-viruses, antimalwares, etc...) also I can not even sign into AIM anymore as it keeps telling me there a connection error when everything is fine. I followed the malware and spyware cleaning guide and still no luck. Now is where I ask for help, I will wait for orders. O and my computer is "Dell Dimension DM051, CPU 2.66ghz, 1.00 gb of ram" running on a windows xp media center edition version 2002 service pack 3.

Edited by anthony1989, 11 May 2010 - 09:05 PM.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
632 on Page File Usage MB I presume.
Have you checked Event Viewer for any error or fault reports.
You have not by any chance run any boosters, cleaners or registry improvement programmes have you?
Are you running MORE than ONE firewall, ONE anti-virus and ONE spyware/adware blocker if NOT included in the anti-virus.
Run MEMTEST and check the ram is good, it will keep running, so allow it to make two passes.
If you have not already done so run:-
chkdsk by right clicking, properties, tools error checking, check mark "automatically fix file system errors", Check now and Yes to reschedule for next restart.
Do not be offended but I do not know your level of knowledge, DO NOT USE THE COMPUTER or interrupt the chkdsk.
Post back when that is done please.

anthony1989

anthony1989

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Regarding event viewer it has error from the source crypt32, msiInstaller, javaquickstarterservice.

Well I did run Uniblue 2010 registrybooster, and speedupmypc 2010. And just recently uninstalled the program.

I only have one anti-virus (avast), one firewall (comobo), two spywares but one is only active (superantispyware which is running and spybot search and destroy which just sits there), one anti malware (maleware bytes).

I ran the MEMTEST and everything was fine no errors.

I did the chkdsk and everything was fine no errors once again.

I wanna say it could be the uniblue that screwed everything up, but since it was uninstalled theres no way for me to recover the logs. Any more ideas? Should i use some sort of hijackthis? and just post?

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Well I did run Uniblue 2010 registrybooster, and speedupmypc 2010. And just recently uninstalled the program.

VERY likely the cause of the problem
Try a System Restore, to a System checkpoint, if there is one, before the use of the unwanted, un-needed and frequently damaging registry cleaner and speed up PC programmes

Try this part of the programme. (Just noticed that you have uninstalled it)

Start, Run type "sfc /scannow" Note space betwen sfc and /.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 13 May 2010 - 06:38 AM.

anthony1989

anthony1989

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok well I did a system restore to the place before I had the registrybootser and speedupmypc installed, and so far everything is working fine. The PF usage is back to normal and I am able to get on aim again and update my antivirus again. One thing though the "just-in-time debugger" still pops up.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
So, is that a thank you.!
There is more to be done, having run those booster and special cleaning programmes.
Post back if you want my further help.
SEE THIS regarding Registry Cleaners.

http://forums.whatth...272#entry418272

Edited by Macboatmaster, 14 May 2010 - 02:46 PM.

anthony1989

anthony1989

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
lol of course thats a thank you, I'm just still wondering about that dam debugger, anyway I'm gonna take a look at the link and I'll post back
Thanks Again :)

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
http://www.davidtan....ernet-explorer/

anthony1989

anthony1989

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
hm ok that didn't work the debugger still pops up, now I have another problem I noticed a new process "4SlSyhky.exe" running I have never seen this before. Also I see an "explorer.exe" running On top of that there seems to be a process that keeps coming on and leaving every so often, for example if I am typing something on firefox or word processor, the window I am on goes inactive and I would have to click on the window again to active it and start typing again.

anthony1989

anthony1989

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
a small update to that, I noticed that this happens when iexplore.exe randomly comes on and takes a CPU of 90%, then it leaves by itself only to come back on in a couple of minutes.

Edited by anthony1989, 18 May 2010 - 12:29 PM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Run this please and POST THE RESULTS.
ENSURE YOU DELETE PERSONAL INFO AND ANY PRODUCT KEYS PLEASE

http://www.belarc.co...e_download.html

Edited by Macboatmaster, 18 May 2010 - 02:46 PM.