Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP OfficeJet 6500n

• Please log in to reply

wbowe

wbowe

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have the HP OfficeJet 6500n printer at home. Today, my wife had a challenge printing to it from her Dell laptop. I downloaded the installer from HP's website.

The application sees the printer but says that it can not connect to it. I've tried the USB, wired, and wifi options.

Any suggestions? I'm remote from home on a business trip and can't actually see the printer. I've told my wife to verify the connections, turn printer and router on and off to clear out any errors that may be present.

It is strange and I'm not sure if she had an update from Microsoft yesterday. I am going to have her do a system restore if one was created yesterday. It might clear up the error.

Bill

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Hmmm, I have the same printer and Windows 7 has the drivers built-in - I've had no problems. If the SR does not work, I would uninstall the drivers, reboot and re-install them.

wbowe

wbowe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I tried to reinstall. I'll get back home and do an uninstall and try as if the computer is completely new. Maybe that will work.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
An uninstall, reboot, then re-install should do a complete reinstall and reset of all settings. A simple reinstall without often leaves corrupt setting in place. No promises, but worth a try.