Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I print business cards?

• Please log in to reply

mreuter

mreuter

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I have Vista and a HP Officejet 6500 All In One printer. I have my business card saved as a picture and now I want to print them but I can't find any program that I can import them to for printing. Any ideas?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what do you mean you can't find a program to print them? do you have any business card paper? they sell business card template paper at any office supply store, and they usually come with MS word (and other program) templates that allow you to make sure that the cards are properly aligned on the sheet when printed.

mreuter

mreuter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I have Word, Excel, Axcess and Works Suite, using the search function, I can't find anything in them that would allow me to print business cards. I went to an office supply store and bought the business card paper and it listed a website where you can download black and white templates but nothing where I can upload my already designed card for printing.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I buy Avery business card paper and it comes with Avery Designer Pro, which allows me to print any type of business card.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
What format do you have them saved as? A picture as in like JPEG?

A random thought would be to have the fancy paper loaded in the printer, then print them out using the print a picture wizard and choose to have multiple loaded on the one page.

mreuter

mreuter

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
The Avery paper is the one I bought, didn't have Design Pro with it.
Yes my picture is saved as a JPEG.

I worked on it for about two hours last night, I put my picture into "paint" to edit it, had to erase the writing and then resize the pic until it fit the business card dimensions, the I reinserted the text. It turned out ok but I have about 1/16" white line on the left side and the same amount of the top of the card, prints on the card above it. I'm sure it has something to do with the margins but I am unable (don't know how) to shift them.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

I worked on it for about two hours last night, I put my picture into "paint" to edit it, had to erase the writing and then resize the pic until it fit the business card dimensions, the I reinserted the text. It turned out ok but I have about 1/16" white line on the left side and the same amount of the top of the card, prints on the card above it. I'm sure it has something to do with the margins but I am unable (don't know how) to shift them.

that's the purpose of the avery software...which typically comes with the templates (which is why i suggested you buy them) if you go to the Avery website you can either download their software or use their online version to do your printing

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Free software and templates are available here: http://www.avery.com...tware/_/Ns=Rank as indicated on a front page of Avery business card paper package.