Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Never head of .dll

• Please log in to reply

atg23

atg23

• Pip
  • 3 posts
When I start my computer a screen appears that says unable to locate. It says if I reinstall net.nwvr.dll it will solve the problem. I have looked on the internet for this and had no luck finding it. Can anyone help? Is this a virus?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are receiving help HERE from cybertechhelp.
Your log shows a infection so you should continue with them since you started that topic on the 10th of this month and they are already helping. If you choose to drop that topic and get help from GTG then I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the
START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own.
If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum.
If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

atg23

atg23

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the reply.

I seem to be at a dead end on CyberTech. I have gotten no responses from my Malware Log. Do you happen to know what the net.nwvr.dll is?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Please read the Malware/Spyware cleaning guide here follow the instructions at the top....

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty (and you may not be) then post an OTL log in THE MALWARE FORUM forum.
(Posting OTL logs or ANY other logs requested in the malware/spyware cleaning guide in any other forum other than the malware forum is forbidden. If you post any of these logs in any other forum, it will be removed and it will take you longer to get help, so please make sure you only post logs in the malware forum)

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread..

atg23

atg23

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Okay, I will definitly do that. Thank you again. I am just really curious what that net.nwvr.dll is. Does anyone happen to know?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if your googeling of it hasn't turned up any results then it's possibly a random file name.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It has to do with the infection and we cannot help you in this forum. Only the malware techs can. Please follow the instruction we have given and the malware techs will assist you. If any issues remain after being given a clean bill of health from them then return here and we will assist in the resolution of those issues.