Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BankerFox.A, Win32/Nugel.E, Security Warnings/Alerts [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

lindsey91

lindsey91

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Suddenly I am getting endless popups from Windows Security Center about a virus saying
Attack from: 134.99.148.166, port 13737
Attacked port: 17851
Threat: BankerFox.A

Attack from: 116.91.51.197, port 15088
Attacked port: 38493
Threat: Wind32/Nugel F

and there may have been more that were different.

I am also getting countless security warnings saying "Application cannot be executed. The filed wuauclt.exe is infected." The file changes frequently, it has also said rstrui.exe, verclsid.exe, and more.

If I try to open System Restore, or even Task Manager, the window pops for a split second and disappears before I can see or do anything.

The same thing is happening when I try to download antivirus software. When I try to run these programs, they disappear almost immediately.

I am also getting several internet pop ups now. I'm unsure what to try.

Thank you!

(Also, I viewed the Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide and I downloaded TFC and MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware. I was unable to run either of these - they would pop up and quickly disappear. I tried renaming mbam.exe, but the problem persists. I get an alert "Application cannot be executed. The file mbam.exe is infected." When I change the name, the name in the alert just changes. I also downloaded ERUNT but couldn't even get past setup without the window disappearing.)

Update- since Firefox was working, I renamed mbam.exe to firefox.exe and was able to run MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware. For now, everything seems to be working.

Edited by lindsey91, 12 May 2010 - 10:50 AM.

Advertisements

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Hi lindsey91,

Welcome to Geeks To Go!

My name is mpascal, and I will be helping you fix your problem.

Before we begin, I would like to make a few things clear so that we can fix your problem as efficiently as possible:
  • Be sure to follow all my instructions carefully! If there is anything you don't understand, don't hesitate to ask.
  • Please do not do anything or perform other steps unless I have asked you to do so.
  • Please make sure you post all logs I ask you to, and make sure that the entire log gets posted.
  • Don't attach any logs unless asked. Posting them in the forums will make them easier to analyze.
  • If you are unsure of how to reply, or need help with anything regarding the website, please look here.
Can you try downloading and running MBAM in safe mode.

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.