I will remove my tools now and give some recommendations, but I would like you to run for 24 hours or so and come back if you have any problems
Now the best part of the day ----- Your log now appears clean
A good workman always cleans up after himself so..The following will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset System Restore points:
Click Start > Run and copy/paste the following bolded text into the Run box and click OK:ComboFix /Uninstall
Run OTL and hit the cleanup button. It will remove all the programmes we have used plus itself. MBAM can be uninstalled via control panel add/remove along with ERUNT. But they may be useful tools to keep. For Dr Web just delete the file/folder
We will now confirm that your hidden files are set to that, as some of the tools I use will change that
- Click Start.
- Open My Computer.
- Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
- Select the View Tab.
- Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Do not show hidden files and folders.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- Click OK.
is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version of Java
components and upgrade the application. Beware it is NOT supported for use in 9x or ME and probably will not install in those systemsUpgrading Java
- Download the latest version of Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE)JRE 6 Update 20.
- Click the "Download" button to the right.
- Select your Platform and check the box that says: "I agree to the Java SE Runtime Environment 6 License Agreement.".
- Click on Continue.
- Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation (jre-6u20-windows-i586-p.exe) and save it to your desktop. Do NOT use the Sun Download Manager..
- Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
- Go to Start > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
- Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
- Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
- Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java version.
- Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
- Then from your desktop double-click on the download to install the newest version.(Vista users, right click on the jre-6u20-windows-i586-p.exe and select "Run as an Administrator.")
to your desktop
- Open the file and close any other windows.
- It will close all programs itself when run, make sure to let it run uninterrupted.
- Click the Start button to begin the process. The program should not take long to finish its job
- Once its finished it should reboot your machine, if not, do this yourself to ensure a complete clean
Download Flush Flash from Here
and follow the easy to use instructions on the same page NEXT
Download and run Puran Disc Defragmenter
Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programmes:
It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated.
To keep your operating system up to date visit
To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read our little guide How did I get infected in the first place ?