Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Explorer.exe error

• Please log in to reply

rajkumar0111

rajkumar0111

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I recently downloaded & installed IE 8.0 since then whenever i start my computer i get a error message that explorer.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close and a blank screen. Before this i was using IE 6.0 and everything worked fine.

Attached Files

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Welcome to Geeks.
The screenshot does not help it simply is the standard warning for an error requiring an application to close.
Go to Control Panel, Administrative functions, Event Viewer and screenshot the actual message there.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 13 May 2010 - 12:47 PM.

rajkumar0111

rajkumar0111

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2096, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.2096, fault address 0x0001ddf1.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Start
Programs
Accessories
System Tools
System Restore
Choose Restore my Computer to an earlier time
Select a date before IE8 was installed, if there is one and follow instructions.
Post back result.

rajkumar0111

rajkumar0111

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I restored my computer to a date before i installed IE8 and everything is back to normal. Then does that mean IE8 is not compatible with my system ?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Most likely a faulty installation is the cause of the issue.

puneet7709793910

puneet7709793910

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i also installed IE8, but i just have the blank screen with desktop wallpaper. NO icons on the desktop are displayed and "start" icon on the left bottom corner is not shown. now how to proceed?
please guide me.

puneet7709793910

puneet7709793910

• Pip
  • 2 posts
how to remove IE7 in this condition..??