Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

The instruction at "0x7c809783" bla bla bla... Help please .

• Please log in to reply

sapata

sapata

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hi guys !

Recently my PC has acting a bit strange, I got this message everytime I open something "The instruction at "0x7c809783" referenced memory at "0x00fd2284". The memory could not be "written".

This PC have 2 accounts and my account everything works perfectly, it's in my wife's account that happens. Any idea what can it be ?

Not long ago I was here with another problem that required a full virus cleaning and everything was ok until few weeks ago.

Cheers!

Edited by sapata, 13 May 2010 - 05:02 PM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

sapata

sapata

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Ok...
I'll do that tomorrow... I just got home and probably won't have time to do all the scannings now.

Many thanks !

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
You're welcome :)

sapata

sapata

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hi Broni !

I'm back since my computer is not infected, I spent quite a few time with myrti and he helped a lot but since there's no infection he said it would be better to come back to this forum.

I'm still getting the message, now in both accounts but only when I restart the PC.

Thanks...
Mauricio

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
"0x7c809783 referenced memory" message, there is a good chance your computer has a bad RAM module. If the problem presists then it is more likely there is some permanent damage to the RAM. You can use the free utility Memtest86 to check your RAM for problems.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

This PC have 2 accounts and my account everything works perfectly, it's in my wife's account that happens

I suggest, you create new account for your wife: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151
The current one is probably corrupted.

sapata

sapata

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hi Broni,

As I mentioned on the previous post that I'm also getting the message, It has got to do with the netgear adapter software because it happens when I start the PC and the software loads to connect. After uninstalling and installing about a million times I also ended up getting the message as well. I can't do through the windows because the system can't find the driver even though I got the netgear cd.

Thanks

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
How do you know, it's caused by netgear?

sapata

sapata

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
I also got a message saying "WG11v3 an unsupported operation was attempted" I then have to click 3x to get rid off the message and manually click on the netgear icon to connect to the internet.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Did you try to reinstall a driver?

sapata

sapata

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
In the netgear website they say that I have to download/install the driver using a cable connection ?? I didn't do it because of that, the driver on the cd that came with the adapter is outdated I suppose since I tried installing the program from there as well...

I've downloaded from their page the new software version, deleted the old one as suggested but still got the problem.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Including this?

I also got a message saying "WG11v3 an unsupported operation was attempted" I then have to click 3x to get rid off the message and manually click on the netgear icon to connect to the internet.

sapata

sapata

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hi Broni,
Yes... I got that message too, so annoying !

Here's what happens everytime I swithc my PC on in order as follow:

The message "The instruction at "0x7c809783" referenced memory at "0x00fd2284". The memory could not be "written" appears in a pop up box, the computer has't connect to the internet yet. I close this message and then the small pop up window with the message "WG11v3 an unsupported operation was attempted" appears, I have to close 3x in order to make disappear, when I do that the PC sometimes connects itself and the netgear smart wizard pop up appears but you can barely see anything, I manage closing the pop up through the little red square "X" box.

Thanks...

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Is this desktop, or laptop?
Which Netgear product are we talking about here? Ethernet card, wireless card, or...?