Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Packard bell KAV60 help please

• Please log in to reply

sambosat

sambosat

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Dear All geeks. I have searched for 3 days now how to solve my problem but to no avail. I even contracted Packard bell but they never replied.
I have a Packard bell KAV60 netbook. I wanted to format it because it had some problems. I used their restore option that came with the system by first creating a factory default recovery disc which was created successfully. I then click on restore it prompted me that it needed to restart then it restarted and went to the recovery window but when it starts the recovery process I get the following error
"Restore failed - Error code=1005( The volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted)"
It is stuck on wanting to recover and can't do anything about it. I then tried to format it with Win XP CD but I get the error " setup did not find any hard disk drive installed on your computer" This is I think is due to the fact that the HDD is a SATA Drive. SO if you please can anyone help me either by giving me a solution to the first error or by giving me the sata drivers that I need to slipstream with windows so I can format it. Thanks

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
http://www.hitachigs.../hddfaqs.htm#a1

Please see this.