Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DELL Studio Hybrid..

• Please log in to reply

ill_never_b_a_geek

ill_never_b_a_geek

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Hi,
It just started doing this..it won't eject the disc from the drive as it should (by gently touching the eject control).
I have to actually shut it down and start up. Then it will eject the disc (providing I again touch the eject control).

What could be wrong?

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Does it eject if you click on the Eject button? Also note that you can straighten a paper clip and push it through that little hole to manually pop it open.

ill_never_b_a_geek

ill_never_b_a_geek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Thank you for your reply.

"Does it eject if you click on the Eject button?"

It will not eject the disc from the drive when I press the eject control. It's not a button, it's a little nothing that you're simply suppose to "touch" (not press), & it ejects the disc. All of the sudden it stop responding. The only way I can get it to eject the disc is by closing down the PC & restarting. Once it restarts, if I again touch the eject control, then it will eject.

I just don't understand why it's doing this now.

"Also note that you can straighten a paper clip and push it through that little hole to manually pop it open."
This is a DELL Studio Hybrid. I can't locate that on it.

Thank you

Edited by ill_never_b_a_geek, 16 May 2010 - 10:43 AM.