Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't attach files to email in high-rise building

• Please log in to reply

daysable

daysable

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,
I just moved into a high-rise in the city, and every time I try to attach a file, it never attaches, it attempts to for a long while but never successfully attaches. However, I am able to attach anything and everything else when I have my laptop over my friends house, my parents house, etc. So I’m thinking it has something to do with my building? Or the internet connection with my building? Is there some sort of setting I need to put my computer on for it to allow me to attach files again? My internet speed looks good at 12mphs…so I don’t think it’s the speed. Is something being blocked? I have tried on firefox 5.0 and IE 6

I have windows XP.

Any help would be great, thank you.

-Kristin

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
I presume this is usage of a public wi-fi hotspot? Or are you using somebody else's unsecured network?
How is this machine connecting on-line?

daysable

daysable

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well I wasn't going to get internet and just use the public internet in the lobby. This is when I first noticed I couldnt attach files. But I got tired of going down there to do my work. So I gave in and bought wireless with Solnet (Solnet is the same internet service provider the entire building uses). But am still having the issue of not being able to attach. I'm using my wireless router (a berklin) to connect. I took my laptop over to my friends apt (literally 2 blocks away, she has comcast), and I can attach fine over there!
Any ideas?

Thanks for the reply! Sorry for the delayed response, I thought I'd get an email confirmation when someone replied.