Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Saving Screen Shots

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 580 posts
Using a pc with XP .... I follow this routine in making a screen shot.

• Click “PrintScreen” key
  • Click Start/AllPrograms/PAINT
  • Click Ctrl-V
  • Click one of the options offered to adjust the size
  • Click SaveAs and name the file, like Screenshot May 15.jpg

At that point I get a screen that is titled "Save Configuration" with"Settings" and "Quality" on it.

What is this "Save Configuration" screen and what do "Settings" and "Quality" refer to? What am I suppose to be entering on this screen, if anything? How do I continue making the screen shot?

Thanks for your help.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
After the print screen image appears in Paint, click File, Save as and as per my screenshot, it will originally be shown as Bitmap you use drop down menu to select Jpeg.
I do not know where your settings and quality comes from on this procedure, you must be using a sub heading on Edit

Edited by Macboatmaster, 15 May 2010 - 11:20 AM.