Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A problem with my WD 250GB external harddrive

• Please log in to reply

samwaas

samwaas

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, Im new to the forums.

Im having problems with my external harddrive i backed up all my data so i could sort out my virus problem which i used the removal of viruses guide on this site. After, my computer was "cleaned" i plugged in my harddrive and and it was recongnized by Vista but when i try to move all my data back to where it belongs it wont move back. Could this be a virus problem or is my system in need off a proper virus "hunt" and a good virus "clean".

Thanks,

Sam

P.S: Any extra info you have to offer about this site or anything to do with malware please inform me.

Advertisements

samwaas

samwaas

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I was wondering is it maybe that my harddrive has a virus if so how do i clean it.

samwaas

samwaas

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Is there anyone that can help please because the data on there is my only copy of essays and music over 15 gb of stuff i need school essays and stuff. not it isnt recongnised by vista but in device manager its there but i can change dive letter

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the
START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. Since you have done this then go to the next steps below.
If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum.
If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here