Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen of Death

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ChrisMohrSr

ChrisMohrSr

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
I have a Dell Vestro 200 Mini Tower computer.
I was doing a system restore which was proceeding normally. I left the room for a few minutes and when I returned I had a black screen with white lettering which informed me that Windows was shut down to protect my computer. I was offered one of two choices. I could click on a line which would restore my computer to the last setup which worked, or I could wait until a timer at the bottom of the page ran out, at which time Windows would restart normally. Neither one of these choices had any affect whatsoever. I then experienced what I have heard referred to as "The Blue Screen of Death". This also was of no help except to exhibit the following STOP Code:

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0x80000003, 0x80537022, 0xB94C33B8, 0XB94C30B4)

I will be forever grateful to anyone who can tell me what this STOP Code means and how to get my computer back from the limbo in which it now resides. Dell will only help me if I pay them $129.00. I consider that legalized extortion.

HELP! HELP! HELP!

Christopher R. Mohr Sr.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You already have a topic open HERE where Broni is assisting you with this issue. Please continue with that topic as duplicating a topic will only cause another tech to duplicate what has already been done.
I am closing this topic due to duplication. If you feel this was done in error please message a moderator or admin for further clarification.