Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lsasrv.dll not found, can't boot!

• Please log in to reply

cosmiccornflake

cosmiccornflake

• Pip
  • 2 posts
After a nasty virus that decimated my computer (XP), I did a destructive system recovery. Yesterday, I started fresh and downloaded all the XP updates and everything, and must've restarted it about 8 times throughout the day.

Today, I try to start my computer and it says that lsasrv.dll is not found. I've read many of the other answers, but my HP came preloaded with XP, so I don't have an installation disk to boot from.

What do I do?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Take a look at this topic HERE and specifically post #7 on how to copy the file over from your cd.
Substitute the E for your cdrom drive letter.

cosmiccornflake

cosmiccornflake

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
XP came preloaded on my machine, I do not have a Windows CD.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You will need to borrow one of the same version Home Media or Pro you have then to do the steps.