Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

incomplete motherboard/ram compatibility list

• Please log in to reply

fracta

fracta

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am doing my 5th build or something. lost count. this time its an expensive and high-ish end system.
i checked the ram/mboard compatibility lists on gskills site and gigabyte, but neither one is mentioned.
Components are:
G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 PC12800/1600MHz CL9 2x2GB
Gigabyte GA-H57M-USB3

Does it matter? mboard says its compatible with 1600mhz. I have built many systems without making sure of compatible ram. never had problems. but this time its a matter of 5 times as much money on ram.
I may be able to send ram back if it doesn't work but id like to get it right the first time.
help would be really appreciated.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Suggestion: Go to http://www.gigabyte....SearchType=Spec and then click either the "GA-H57M-USB3 (rev. 2.0)" or the "GA-H57M-USB3 (rev. 1.0)" link. On the next page, over on the right in the "Related link" box, select "Memory Support List". This list should contain the RAM that has been tested and known to work with the "GA-H57M-USB3" motherboard.

fracta

fracta

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have done that and checked the motherboard compatibility list for the ram on gskills site. gigabyte mentions other gskill ram (ones that arent as good as the ripjaw) and gskill mentions other gigabyte mboards but not specifically mine.
Im probably being too pedantic. iv never had an issue with ram before

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
If you're dead set on using ripjaw, plug 'em in and cross your fingers. :)