Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to Set Administrators Account, Disable Hotkeys and Functions?

• Please log in to reply

nates_tips

nates_tips

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I need to setup a laptop on a particular web page for a show and tell type event. Viewers will view a image in the web browser.

To prevent nosy people from snooping around in the HDD or desktop when no one is around, I would like to disable particular functions.

For example, I would like to prevent users from closing out or minimizing FireFox.

I would also like to disable the Start button.

I've seen libraries do this and know that it can be done, but don't have much experience in this area.

Any ideas? FireFox will be on the screen, but I guess I can use IE if I have too....(I hate IE)

Thanks!

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
If the laptop is running Vista, (or XP), you might try Windows SteadyState (free):
http://www.microsoft...ss/default.mspx