Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

overclocking

• Please log in to reply

Iconicmoronic

Iconicmoronic

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
i was wondering if anyone knew of a good overclocking software utility that works on win 7, hp oems, for the PLL IDT CVI90bpag (it might be cg190bpag not sure, kinda hard to read). Thanks. I have been saerching the net, and all the utilities I've found are for older Windows versions, or are unrecommended. Any insight?

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

Any insight?

Yes. Don't do it. Overclocking puts additional strain on all the components, including the power supply and cooling and factory made computers typically come with PSUs and cooling that is just adequate to begin with.

If you are looking for more speed, your best option is to max out your RAM and upgrade your graphics solution. But note too, in either case, that may also require upgrading your PSU.