Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
i was wondering if anyone knew of a good overclocking software utility that works on win 7, hp oems, for the PLL IDT CVI90bpag (it might be cg190bpag not sure, kinda hard to read). Thanks. I have been saerching the net, and all the utilities I've found are for older Windows versions, or are unrecommended. Any insight?

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP

Any insight?

Yes. Don't do it. Overclocking puts additional strain on all the components, including the power supply and cooling and factory made computers typically come with PSUs and cooling that is just adequate to begin with.

If you are looking for more speed, your best option is to max out your RAM and upgrade your graphics solution. But note too, in either case, that may also require upgrading your PSU.