Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error on shutdown

• Please log in to reply

jennifer1982

jennifer1982

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I have a problem with my notebook.
When I tried to shutdown it would always restart.
I searched the internet and due to a tip I changed the registry powerdownaftershutdown from 0 to 1.
Now when I try to shutdown windows it seems like it shuts down but then this message is shown:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000000 (0x00000000 0x0000000)The system has been shutdown.

I have to push the power button to shut down completely after that. There is no problem with starting or booting. I had a trojan and 2 java viruses on it, but Avira deleted them.

Do you have any idea what the problem might be and how to solve it?

Thanx in advance
Jen

Advertisements

pcs365_2

pcs365_2

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Hi,

To resolve this issue:

1). Create a parallel installation of Windows NT.For additional information how to do so, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
259003 (http://support.micro...b/259003/EN-US/ ) How and Why to Perform a Parallel Installation of Windows NT 4.0

2). Start your computer to the parallel installation of Windows NT, and then start Registry Editor.

3). On the Window menu, click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE on Local Machine.
4). On the Registry menu, click Load Hive.

5). Type the path to the System hive of the prior installation, typically %systemroot%\system32\config\system, and then click Open.

6). When you are prompted for the name of the key, type TEST, and then view the following registry entry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\TEST\Select

7). Note the setting for the Current DWord value in the preceding registry key. This is typically 0x1, and is represented as CURRENT:Reg_Dword:0x1. This value indicates that the "CurrentControlSet" for your original Windows NT installation corresponds to ControlSet001 in this window. A value of 2 would indicate that the "CurrentControlSet" for your original Windows NT installation would correspond to ControlSet002, and so on.

8). Locate the following registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\TEST\ControlSetXXX\Control\Session Manager
where XXX is the CurrentControlSet that you identified in the preceding step.

9). Under the Session Manager key, note and then delete any PendingFileRenameOperations entries.

10). Click the TEST hive, and then click Unload Hive on the Registry menu.

11). On the Registry menu, click Load Hive.

12). Type the path to the Software hive of the prior installation, typically %systemroot%\system32\config\Software, and then click Open.

13). When you are prompted for the name of the key, type TEST2.

14). Remove any PendingFileRenameOperations entries in the following registry keys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\TEST2\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\TEST2\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

15). Click the TEST2 hive, and then click Unload Hive on the Registry menu.

16). Quit Registry Editor, and then restart your original installation.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
This occurs when Windows switches into kernel mode and a user-mode subsystem, such as Winlogon or the Client Server Runtime Subsystem (CSRSS), is compromised and security can no longer be guaranteed.

Your system is probably still infected. Please visit the malware forum.