Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No system sounds or sounds from flash after virus

• Please log in to reply

Brianaala

Brianaala

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi folks,
OK I think I have cleared up the redirect trojan but now I have no system sounds (wav's) or sound from streaming video. I have looked at all the related posts but none of those solutions seem to be working for me: K-Lite's tweek tool is greyed out, reinstalled flash, deleted my driver and re-installed...all to no avail.
Please help!
Thanks a ton!
--Brian

Advertisements

SweetTech

SweetTech

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts
Hello,

I see you have an open thread in the Malware Removal forum. You should continue following the instructions given to you by your helper (RKinner) until you are declared clean and have received their All Clean Speech. You should let your helper know that you are experiencing issues with your sound. If your still experiencing issues with no sound after being declared clean by RKinner then you should post back to this thread and we can help you look into this issue further.

Best of Luck,
SweetTech.