Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Linksys Wireless G USB adapter

• Please log in to reply

exarro

exarro

• Pip
  • 8 posts
i got one of these wireless-g wusb54gc for a windows 7 64-bit pc.
i attempted to install the driver from the disc. naturally, it didn't install any device drivers or software.
so i went to the linksys website and downloaded and installed the latest v3 drivers for window 7 64-bit.
aaaand..... the device still doesn't work. windows recognizes it but it can't see any networks. i troubleshot it and windows said "there might a problem with the device driver"
what now?

Edited by exarro, 16 May 2010 - 05:18 PM.

Advertisements

pcs365_11

pcs365_11

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Make sure that you have downloaded the correct version of driver. Uninstalla nd reinstall the driver.Type "services.msc" in RUN command and find "wireless zero configuration" in services page and right click and Restart it and then check.

exarro

exarro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
it was kaspersky antivirus.
one of the kav components called "kaspersky antivirus NDIS filter 6". went into the adapter's properties and unchecked it.
this may have been what was causing my connection problems before with my old adapter.

Edited by exarro, 19 May 2010 - 07:01 PM.