Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Revenge of the Spyware

• Please log in to reply

Solenis

Solenis

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, smart people! I attempted to follow the instructions above with running Ad-Aware and Spybot, and I do have TeaTime running right now, but when I run the Ad-Aware custom scan or Spybot's scan or the TDS-3 scan, at some point in the scan (usually pretty far into it) it reboots my computer and will not complete.

Here is my hijack this log, which isn't giving me nearly so much information as I'd like. Aside from the rebooting when I scan it, my computer is now running extremely slowly. The internet speed is fine, but the time it takes to redraw the windows and then delete them as I'm moving around inside my system has increased dramatically. Also, I now appear to have some sort of Windows Installer problem, which brings up Error 1628 when I attempt to install several programs, and some of my programs simply won't run anymore.

Help!

-Sol
~~~~~~~~

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 7:58:00 PM, on 5/21/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\CDANTSRV.EXE
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\devldr32.exe
C:\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [secboot] C:\WINDOWS\system32\mszx23.exe !!
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe
O20 - Winlogon Notify: drct16 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\drct16.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: C-DillaSrv - C-Dilla Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\CDANTSRV.EXE
O23 - Service: X10 Device Network Service (x10nets) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\ATIMUL~1\RemCtrl\x10nets.exe (file missing)

Advertisements