Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dual Moniters Display on Laptop went bad.

• Please log in to reply

stetwood

stetwood

• Pip
  • 1 posts
The number 1 monitor was the Laptop. When the display went down, it was with some difficulty to access programs etc, because the startup menu and icons were on the # 1 monitor(laptop). Now the laptop display is disabled and the # 2 monitor is now the only monitor and is now the # 1 monitor. I have ordered a larger display and will use that.

The problem is that some of the programs were being opened in Monitor 1 and the drop downs would appear in Monitor 2, or visa versa. So now when I open a program and need the drop down menu, it can not be accessed because it is not in the same monitor. This freezes the program because it is looking for a response but the drop down menu is out of reach.

How can I get the drop down menu back or can I somehow split the single monitor into two monitors?

Advertisements