Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Kazaa Downloads

• Please log in to reply

foxytoes

foxytoes

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi! i just installed my kazaa...and only have about 5 songs downloaded. my question being that 3 will not play and 2 will. why? when i compare the songs' info...it all looks the same! i can't open it in win media player either...i'm confused. help please? thanks...

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
;) ;) :) Whoa there!! I highly recommend you uninstall Kazaa immediately Kazaa comes bundled with some nasty Malware, and I'm sure your pc is now infected with it. Fore more information about it, and some suggestions on clean P2P type programs, read this short article. :tazz:

BePro

BePro

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
1. Like kat said, Immediately uninstall KaZaa!!! I used KaZaa since 1.5.1, but a few months ago I tried one of their newer ones (as I just subsribed to a 100Mbps service), what do you know-It totally bugged my computer, and I had to reformat.

KaZaa is infected with several nasty malwares.

They also require this "Participation" and similar garbage. They are not like they used to be. I kept version 1.5.1 so that I would avoid the problems, as I noticed that each newer KaZaa just got worse. I still have 1.5.1 and 1.7.1, but I have not used them in over a year, so I dont even know if they work, or if KaZaa forces you to install and use thier latest version.

The current P2P application I use is Morpheous 2.0

I do not know if they are any better, but I do not notice any unusual activity or lagging in my computer's speed.

When its all said and done, there really truly isnt a such thing as "Free"

Edit- If you have the capability, I would use a seperate second computer souly for downloading off of P2P networks. That way, if there are any bugs in the software, you'll only have the junk on the backup pc, which usually is a slower one.

Edited by BePro, 21 May 2005 - 11:38 PM.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Infected

The following file-swappers are confirmed to have spyware or other unwanted parasites bundled into them:

* KaZaa (offers a paid version without spyware)
* Limewire (Older versions only, see below)
* Audiogalaxy
* Bearshare (offers a paid version without spyware)
* Imesh
* Morpheus
* Grokster (offers a paid version without spyware)
* Xolox
* Blubster 2.x aka Piolet (Blubster 2.0 and higher and Piolet are adware and bundle other adware)
* OneMX
* FreeWire

Clean

The following file-swappers have been found not to have any spyware or other advertising parasites bundled into them:

* WinMX (recommended)
* Shareaza
* E-Mule
* Gnucleus
* Blubster 1.2.3 (Later versions include adware)
* Soulseek
* Direct Connect
* Mute
* ABC Bittorrent Client
* Waste
* EarthStation5

foxytoes

foxytoes

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks guys!!! it's gone...how do i know if i have spyware now? will norton antivirus pick it up?

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
The easiest way for us to tell is for you to read here. Go to Step 5: Posting a HJT log

Then, once you have HJT and create a log, start a new topic in the Malware Removal forum, and someone will check it out for you! :tazz:

Insanitystreak

Insanitystreak

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Yes get rid of it. It will really ruin your computer.

Dirty Berty

Dirty Berty

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Get the shadow Bit Torrent Client http://www.bittornado.com/

and then search for .torrent files at http://www.isohunt.com/

Good Luck